With names like Lady's Slipper, Dog Hobble, Yellow Mandarin, Squawroot, and Foamflower, how can the wildflowers of the mountains fail to fascinate? Here are a few of the flowers we saw blooming.
Tell your dh the reddish flowers I saw on my walk with J. that first day are apparently a kind of rododendron (no time to look up spelling). I saw it at my botanical garden.
Beautiful!!!!! I love wildflowers. I even took a summer bontany class on wildflowers, so that I didn't have to take biology! It turned out to be one of my favorite classes ever.
I could easily see you, after looking at these, putting together a book of photographs of wildflowers and such. You have such a great eye for these photos.
10 comments:
Oh, I LOVE these!! So beautiful!
Gorgeous! Love these.
The ladyslipper are so amazing -- I've always read about them but have never seen them.
nicely done!
Tell your dh the reddish flowers I saw on my walk with J. that first day are apparently a kind of rododendron (no time to look up spelling). I saw it at my botanical garden.
Gorgeous pics!
Beautiful!!!!! I love wildflowers. I even took a summer bontany class on wildflowers, so that I didn't have to take biology! It turned out to be one of my favorite classes ever.
Such pretty little pictures of all the flowers!
I could easily see you, after looking at these, putting together a book of photographs of wildflowers and such. You have such a great eye for these photos.
Just lovely! You're inspiring me to go on a day hike :)
I love these flower pics! Very fun to see such a variety.
Incredible. You could do a little book and sell it in the Smokey Mountains. :-)
Susan
Post a Comment