Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Smoky Mountains Part 1

I took many pictures on our first hike so almost all these are from that day. We all took pictures and I think about did Juli in! So now that I haven't posted in a long time, I'm going to overwhelm my blog with lots of photos... the Smoky Mountains in three parts: hiking, wildflowers, and around the cabin. Today is part one.


View as we drove to the cabin:
Laura and Jerry on the trail:
Up a tree (Juli and Jerry):
Picture of taking pictures:

Looking up:




The whole week was one in which I revelled in the beauty of the world God has made. It sounds trite, yes? But everywhere I looked was a work of beauty - up, down, beside me. I saw tiny, minutely designed flowers; patterns of ferns; bright varied green leaves against the endless blue sky; layers of mountains; and water, rushing water and light reflected in water.

4 comments:

SUSAN said...

Beautiful! Sounds like your vacation was very special and restorative. Look forward to seeing the rest of the pics.

Susan

Susanne Barrett said...

Gorgeous! Glad you were able to relax and enjoy such beautiful surroundings. Great photos, too. Can't wait to see the next installment....

Sandie said...

Glad you're back! It looks like a really beautiful place.

Claire said...

"layers of mountains; and water, rushing water and light reflected in water." yes! so many variations on a theme there - good shots!