Thursday, March 8, 2007

Tongue Twisters

Try saying "The lips, the teeth, the tip of the tongue; the tip of the tongue, the teeth, and the lips," several times very quickly. Then say "Girl gargoyle, boy gargoyle" quickly a few times. That's what my middle schoolers are doing here. We were warming up for Shakespeare. I couldn't get a really good picture, so this will have to do. Oh and here's a great Shakespeare line that we had lots of fun with: "Tush, tush! Fear boys with bugs."And I took a picture of a picture today. This is one Laura, our resident art student, took of our dd. She did a series of photos of dd that are all unusual. Her art teacher copied them to use to show future students some good work. There is no double exposure here. The picture was taken through two windows, with a reflection. (The glare in the bottom left corner is from me; it's not there in hers.)

5 comments:

MaryD said...

the tongue twisters are fun and HARD to say! I love the second shot, it's very interesting and complicated!

Unknown said...

Oh Becky I miss teaching acting!! I loved tongue twister exercises. Very fun. You bring back good memories.

The second shot is arresting! I love it in b&w. She looks captured by the glass. Really intriguing use of reflections. I see them all the time now and actually stop to look. Isn't it cool to notice what we used to take for granted? Great photo.

Paula said...

Both are fun. The first one looks like they are having fun! I wish you could teach me Shakespeare!
And the second one is a puzzler. The viewer has to stop and figure it out. Neat.

TitanThirteen said...

I'll have to try those tongue twisters out on my kids in the morning.
The second shot is VERY clever!

Katrina said...

Tongue twisters are such fun! I'll have to try those with my kids. The picture of a picture is amazing! So many layers.