Chickadees are my favorite birds. I like their cheerfulness and spunk. Last fall Juli and I dropped by a coffee shop in St. Francisville and browsed in back room where we saw this carved chickadee. I'm sure it was clear how much I liked it, but I don't think I said I wanted it. When we opened our gifts for the new year she was particularly anxious that I open one. This was it. She'd told her dad and older sister about the carved chickadee and Jerry went one day after work to buy it. It was a gift from both daughters and my husband.
7 comments:
When this came up on my screen, I thought it was a real chickadee and I was amazed you were able to capture it so vividly. ;-) What a well-done carving. And how sweet that Juli made sure it ended up with you!
This photo beautifully showcases your chickadee...you can tell it is a prized possession. I admire the fact that you thought to lift it off the shelf or tabletop and photo it on white, and thus --excuse the pun-- kill two birds with one stone: 1)make a much better picture, and 2)elevate the subject several notches.
Becky. I always think of you with chickadees...and since I see them out my window often, I'm think of you a lot! :) I'm glad Jerry was part of this and that they all loved you enough to know you would appreciate this gift.
I left a comment for you on my blog...but then realized you probably won't see it 'cause you've already looked at those pictures.
I like the photograph and the carving a lot. I think the fact it is a cherished gift comes across very well.
Becky I love this picture! And I do like the way the shadow underneath looks on the white... but it's precious to see such a thoughtful family-gift for you.
It is wonderful when gifts are so thoughtfully picked.
Post a Comment