

Good conversation, fires in the fireplace, yummy food, a visit to Barnes and Noble to listen to my dad address a writers' group, a chamber music concert by a visiting Czech nonet... We've done all these things while visiting my parents. They're fun to be with, young at heart, and some of the most godly people I know. My dad wrote his first novel at age 78. My mom grows sweeter with each year. Not only have they been good parents, but they take their jobs as grandparents seriously.


This plaque has been in one of our bathrooms ever since I can remember. I guess my mom figured she had a captive audience! She did and it was read and taken to heart.
12 comments:
I am so happy to be able to finally see photos of your parents. These are great photos capturing them in the action of their lives. I've always enjoyed reading about your visits with your parents... they sound so loving, calm and fun to be around.
What cute parents! They look so happy. I can't believe he became an author at 78. What did he talk about at the writers group. Very fun!
I love seeing your parents. They look animated and very happy. :) I bet their home is a welcoming, happy place!
What a wonderful tribute, Becky.
You've done a wonderful job with the photos; your parents' personalities seem to shine (making me at least think I know them.
Oh, dear. First I looked at Dali's "til death do us part" photos and wept over the emptiness of my own marriage. Now I'm finally seeing your parents, Becky, and weeping some more. I envy the relationship you have with them. I've actually been thinking about you these past few days, knowing how much you enjoy your time with them, and wishing I was right there. Under the wings of such godly people, being fed and loved and cared for. What a rich blessing!
Really nice, thanks for sharing your parents.
Funny thing is, just from these photos, I can see that you have your dad's eyes, and your mom's mouth/smile. They look delightful.
I love your parents! Great pictures. :-)
Susan
I love your parents too, Becky! : ) I'm glad the visit went so well. I wish I could have been there too. I will be soon! But it would have been so fun to see you and David and all been together.
I know you know this but let me say it anyways, you are blessed. I'm happy to know that there really are parents like that in the world (and that you have them!) but also a bit sad at the lack in my life.
I love the picture of them together. Their loving smiles say so much but them holding hands says even more. I see the openness and love you've always talked about in these pictures. You definitely have your dad's eyes.
I love this pictures. You are so blessed to have both your parents. Seeing your father made me miss mine. He and my mom had such a good relationship, like your parents.
You've said such lovely things about your parents - I would love to get to know them. I hope Mark and I will be like that if we are fortunate enough to make it to those golden, golden years together! They look so in love...
I'm so impressed that your dad published a book at 78! =) Your mom looks like joy personified.
Post a Comment