Saturday, January 6, 2007

Talking Bout My Little Girl




Tomorrow is her thirteenth birthday. Seems only yesterday we walked into a hotel room in Nanjing, China and saw a tiny little girl between the beds backing away, beginning to cry. I scooped her up in my arms and she burrowed into my neck and held on tightly while she sobbed. And my heart was wound up in hers at that moment. She didn' t let go in public the rest of the time we were in China.
I wasn't there at her birth. We don't know where she was born or anything about her first 2 1/2 years of life. I often wonder if she'll mind, if she will grieve over not knowing. We hate for our children to know grief, and yet she has a grief that is from the beginning.
She is strong now, not just physically, but as a person. She is quiet and deep and happy. I am glad and thankful that I've been given the gift of knowing and loving her, of watching my daughter grow.

11 comments:

my15minutes said...

Sweet tribute, Becky. She's a lucky gal to be yours.

Katrina said...

Very sweet, Becky. Your thuoghts make the pictures so much more meaningful.

Sandie said...

The pictures brought back lots of memories, but the words touched my heart. Very Sweet.

SUSAN said...

*gulp*

Becky, what a blessing you are. I am so happy your daughter found you!

Amazingly talented one woman.

Susan

LauraLiz said...

Your photo caught the utter control she has over her body.

Your comments have me crying in my tomato soup!

Ampersand said...

she's a beauty -- seems you are both blessed to have found each other.

Unknown said...

Tears.

What a beautiful Juli!

Paula said...

Typing throught the tears in my eyes. Love you and love her. : )

Dalissa 365 said...

Tears here, too. She is a special girl and you are a special Mom. I am glad you and Jerry were blessed with her.

Nikki said...

Tears here as well. Beautiful girl, beautiful mom. You are both blessed.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

so sweet, thanks for sharing.