Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tuesday, December 11 - Birthday Girl!



She's twenty now, a woman. Is she that baby who played peekaboo in the middle of the night from her crib? The toddler who nestled in my lap pretending it was a nest and she was a baby bird? The little girl who designed fairy houses made with leaves? The woman she would be was there in those years, if I'd only known what to see. She has always been herself and I'm so grateful to have been able to watch her grow, to love her, to cheer for her. She spreads joy and life around and I'm glad I'm her mom!

She told her 13yo sister she wanted the cake in that cookbook for her birthday and so J made it for her (with a little help from me). Ours didn't quite look like the one in the picture, as you can see! But it tasted great!

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Happy Birthday, and that looks like a great cake!

Ampersand said...

I bet it did taste good. Happy birthday to your young lady.

Katrina said...

Looks yummy!