Sunday, December 30, 2007

Saturday, December 29 - Picnic/Campout

We spent yesterday on our new land. We carted a gas grill and blankets and food and the "kids" (all 10 of them ages 24 - 14) took sleeping bags and tents. We traipsed around in the woods and climbed trees and sat and talked. Rain had been forecast for Saturday earlier in the week, but it waited and we had cool air and cloudy skies. (I was glad I wasn't camping out, but the younger group had fun!)

I also am beginning the task of living there, even on weekends. I combined our fun visit with an appointment with a father/son team who will be doing our septic system. Since Katrina, laws have changed and it's going to be quite the process to get the septic system planned/in place so we can have electricity.



5 comments:

Sandie said...

I love the kids in the trees! I am also happy work is going forward on the property.

Unknown said...

It seems so grown up to own LAND! I'm in awe. Great photo of the kids.

LauraLiz said...

Great photos! I am so happy (and excited) for you!

SUSAN said...

I have missed something...didn't know you were moving!! Please email me with the details, when you have time.

Happy New Year!!

Susan

Colleen said...

I'm with Susan...I missed something! I some how didn't realize you were buying land ~ and apparently moving there for good at some point...? Or not? Either way, an exciting new venture!