
It all started with disagreeing about going away for vacations. I like to and Jerry doesn't. So we thought we'd look for a couple of acres in the woods where we could build a small cabin. A place for me to go to get away. A couple of acres. A small cabin. Right. Somehow what we started with has morphed and taken on a life of its own. We haven't seen any small acreage that's even close to we want. But we have seen some larger tracts.
Saturday we visited some land that is just gorgeous - idyllic even. Much more land than we want. The weather was perfect and we traipsed through the woods and walked in the fields and imagined. On the way home we got practical and real. Do we want to add yet another responsibility/time consumer to our already full lives? Already I'm feeling like I don't keep our home well enough. We couldn't maintain the fields - too hard to keep up -they'd need to be planted in pines - which would ruin that view. And it will be expensive and a hassle to pipe water and run electricity to the cabin. (I do want those comforts!)
We're still thinking - or as Jerry says, obsessing.
1 comment:
Somehow, I totally missed this picture on 365, even with my google reader! Thanks for the link. It looks like great land! What a treat. I think you won't regret this purchase.
Post a Comment