
Sunday a.m. I woke up and saw this cardinal at the bird feeder. Later that day we were all sitting in the
family room and heard a loud bang on the window and looked out to see a cardinal on the ground, stunned. His head was all twisted up and we were afraid he'd broken it. But we let him be for a bit and after an hour or so he flew off. Happy endings are a relief!
My dad has had a stump he's wanted to burn out for awhile, but he saved it for a time when Juli could come. So she built the fire, we all sat around it and talked for awhile, and then we roasted hot dogs (which I still love even though I know they're awful for me). This is not a fuzzy picture of Jerry and Juli. That's the smoke from the fire. I should also note that my dad wore jeans today! I have pictures to prove it. I don't think I've ever seen either of my parents in jeans!
5 comments:
Ahhh...this lovely picture of a cardinal is soothing after seeing that murdered elk. ;-)
Did he crash into the window? My birding book says that all feeders need to be about ten feet from any reflective surface. We had the same thing happen with a squirrel the other night. He jumped at my window and smashed his head and then fell to the ground stunned... and then scampered off. The thump noise was loud!
Glad all's well. It's a great shot of the cardinal. I have yet to get one that is in focus.
Becky, I love seeing the picture of the cardinal. I miss them!
Also like the fire/smoke and roasting hotdogs pic. The camaraderie is precious!
I know I'm not discussing all the technical stuff, sorry, but those pics made me happy and I enjoyed looking at them!
It's not the same circumstance, but remember that bird determined to kill himself on my sliding glass door? Gee...that's been over four years, I guess.
Great shot of the cardinal! I'm still stalking squirrels, but none are close enough to a window to sneak a shot, and I can't get close enough outside for a really good one.
I love cardinal photos -- I've seen several postings in different places recently. As I said on Julie's blog, there's something about cardinals and the winter that makes them go together so well.
- Matt
Post a Comment